Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lindsay Cameron Awarded Sigma Tau Delta Scholarship



I am thrilled to announce to you that our very own Lindsay Cameron has been awarded a Sigma Tau Delta scholarship! Allow me to quote from the letter to Lindsay forwarded to me by Dr. John Kerrigan, Chair of the Scholarship and Academic Awards Committee:

"It is my privilege to inform you that you have been named one of two recipients of the Senior Scholarship, and you will receive an award in the amount of $ 4000. On behalf of the Sigma Tau Delta Scholarship Committee, which reviewed a total of 252 applications for all scholarships this year, I am very pleased to have an opportunity to applaud and recognize your work. Among the sixty-four very fine applications we received for the Senior Scholarship this year, yours certainly stood out."

Join me in congratulating Lindsay's outstanding achievement! It seems fitting that she learned of this on a day filled with the fruits of her generosity and community spirit. We are so lucky to have this fine human being in our department. 

By Hilary Donatini