Thursday, November 14, 2019

Alumni Update: Alyssa Ferrell (2019)

Alumni Update! 
Alyssa Ferrell, a 2019 graduate of Ashland University, has shared what she has been up to since graduation! "Since graduation, I've made quite a few big leaps into adulthood. I moved to Ashland permanently, renovated my first home, got a teaching job at a great district, and I am preparing to get married on September 21st! It's been a busy summer! I am now working as an 11th and 12th grade English teacher at Crestview High School. I did my student teaching through Ashland University at Crestview in the spring, so I really owe my job to AU! I love teaching American and British literature to these kids, but my favorite subject that I teach is Journalism. We only have four kids in the class, but they are all excited to make their voices heard through school publications. I'm really looking forward to getting to know all of my students and creating an engaging Literature program with some of my favorite texts. Teaching my students how to close read is a large part of my curriculum, and I owe my own abilities with close reading to my professors at AU. I hope we can have stimulating discussions in my class like we did during my time at AU!"
- Alyssa Ferrell




Pictured: Alyssa [standing, second from the right] at the Crestview High School's first football game of the season