Sunday, May 9, 2021

Faith Edwards Named Valedictorian at Spring 2021 Commencement

Faith Edwards, Integrated Language Arts major from New London, Ohio, has been named as one of four Valedictorians of the 2021 graduating class at Ashland University. 

Edwards shared the following reflection on her time at AU:

The Ashland University English Department's faculty emanate excellence. In every class that I had the honor to take, the professors grounded me in foundational literary pieces, challenged me to marinate in their depths, and mentored me to analyze their impact in our current society. Because of my time in this department, I have grown as a writer, as a teacher, and as an individual. I sincerely thank all of my English professors and peers. It is my absolute honor and joy to use my experiences to teach the next generation at Clear Fork High School beginning this fall.

We are thrilled that Faith earned this honor and grateful that she spent her college years with us. Best wishes and congratulations, Faith!


Edwards with Provost Amiel Jarstfer and President Carlos Campo