Wednesday, July 24, 2019

2017 Graduate Lands Job After Completing Master's Degree


Emily Cardwell, class of 2017, major in English and History, has recently accepted a position at the School of Law at the University of Detroit Mercy. Congratulations, Emily!

Cardwell describes the position below: 

My new title is Assistant Director of Career Services and Outreach for the School of Law at the University of Detroit Mercy. I'm responsible for identifying and posting externship and job opportunities, assisting with programming like career fairs and networking events, and serving as a resource for students and alumni as they navigate the job search process. 

As I looked for jobs after finishing my master's degree at Kent State, I knew I wanted to work in career services. While at Kent State, I taught a course designed to help students connect their experiences, values, and interests to meaningful careers, so I wanted to continue this rewarding work. I've always been interested in the legal field, so I was excited to find a position that provided the best of both worlds!