Friday, April 26, 2019

English Department Graduating Senior Spotlight: Part Two

The department wishes its graduating seniors the best as they apply for jobs and begin the exciting transition to the next chapter of their lives! This post is the second installment in a series to spotlight these seniors, who generously shared their favorite memory of being a major in the English Department and their post-graduation plans.

Jordan Martin is an English major with minors in Marketing, Public Relations, and Spanish. She reflects, "I love Dr. Weaver's courses. I have taken five of his courses over the past four years, and each class has challenged me to improve my analytical skills. I plan to work as a grant writer for a not-for-profit organization."




Zoe Jenkins is an Integrated Language Arts major with a minor in Online Teaching and Instructional Technology. "One of my favorite courses was the Jane Austen seminar with Dr. Weaver. I am currently applying for ELA teaching positions, and I hope to be a teacher in a nearby school district."



Kelsey Wade is a double major in English and Creative Writing. "My favorite memory during my time in the English department was when I was in the Creative fiction/Non-fiction workshop. I was able to get great feedback that helped me grow as a writer. My post-graduation plans include finding a local job working with editing and spending some time travelling and seeing what the world has to offer."


The department congratulates these graduating seniors on their many accomplishments and is grateful for their contributions to our department and campus!