Tuesday, April 30, 2019

English Department Graduating Senior Spotlight: Part Three

The department wishes its graduating seniors the best as they apply for jobs and begin the exciting transition to the next chapter of their lives! This post is the third installment in a series to spotlight these seniors, who generously shared their favorite memory of being a major in the English Department and their post-graduation plans.

Naomi Sims is a double major in Creative Writing and Political science with minors in English and Philosophy. She reflects, "I have many great memories. But I loved doing a weekly reading with Dr. Weaver. We spent a year reading Wuthering Heights, and a year reading Moby Dick. I would read part of it out loud and I cried through the entire last chapter of Moby Dick. I also have a vivid memory of sitting in Joe's office and talking about writing and how we take care of the characters we create." After graduation, she plans to "move back to Dallas and work for my parents' company, Fusion Productions, a film and television production company."



Alyssa Ferrell is and Integrated Language Arts major. "My favorite memory of the English department is reading Slaughterhouse-Five in Dr. Waterman’s class. I loved how everyone was trying so hard to make sense out of such a crazy novel! After graduation, I intend to find a job teaching in a local high school."



Additional graduates include Liz Bucci, an Integrated Language Arts major, and Morgan Phillips, also an Integrated Language Arts major. 

This concludes the multi-post series spotlighting the English Department's May graduates. Congratulations to all!