Monday, December 16, 2019

Graduating Senior Spotlight Part 4: Sarah Toki

Graduating Senior Spotlight Part 4: Sarah Toki

The department wishes its graduating seniors the best as they apply for jobs and begin the exciting transition to the next chapter of their lives! This post is the fourth and final installment in a series to spotlight these seniors, who generously shared their favorite memory of being a major in the English Department and their post-graduation plans



Sarah Toki
I'm an English major with minor in Psychology.

I have so many great memories involving the English department but some of best involve my classes with Dr. Sharleen Mondal and now-Professor Emeritus Joe Mackall, reading and analyzing different texts such as The Rape of The Locke, Americanah, Half of a Yellow Sun, and Native Son, and the final paper I turned in for The Poem with professor Jay Robinson.

After graduation I plan on taking a semester off just where I will continue to drink ridiculous amounts of coffee, work through my every growing reading list before coming back for the Bachelor's Plus program to obtain my teaching license