Monday, December 9, 2019

Graduating Senior Spotlight, Part 2: Steph Sorrell

Graduating Senior Spotlight: Stephanie Sorrell
The department wishes its graduating seniors the best as they apply for jobs and begin the exciting transition to the next chapter of their lives! This post is the second installment in a series to spotlight these seniors, who generously shared their favorite memory of being a major in the English Department and their post-graduation plans


I’m a creative writing major and English minor.

My favorite memories at Ashland within the English department are turning my first ever assignment into my capstone, taking a leap of faith by volunteering to play John Winthrop in a reacting to the past lesson, and forcing my peers to play a town of Salem game during my presentation on the Crucible.

After graduating I’m looking for jobs locally but the goal is to work at a university and eventually work towards my masters!