Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Graduating Senior Spotlight: Part Three

The English Department wishes its graduating seniors the best as they apply for jobs and begin the exciting transition to the next chapter of their lives!

Ellie Jensen


I am an Integrated Language Arts major. My favorite memories as a member of the English department major include the Shawshank unit that we did with Dr. Grady, and we acted out as prisoners and guard. I also loved taking on our stylistic analysis this past year and feel well equipped to teach my future students about what a wonderful writer E.B White is. I have enjoyed the variation that I have seen, and the opportunities that we have had to expand our knowledge within multiple platforms. With my exposure to poetry, prose, and short story writing, in addition to my readings within the Victorian, Shakespeare, and American Literature courses, I feel incredibly prepared to take on my next chapter as an educator. I have accepted a position that will push my literary ability even further. I will be teaching English Language Arts 1 and English Language Arts 2 next year to the 9th and 10th graders at Ontario high school. Overall I am incredibly happy with the experience I have had at AU and grateful for the moments that will last me a lifetime.

We congratulate the following graduating seniors who did not submit profiles for these posts, and we wish them well in the years ahead!
Schuyler Berger
Eric Breeden
Faith Edwards
Noah Gore
Kathleen McKay
Jackson Schultz
Melan White