Saturday, May 2, 2020

Senior Spotlight: Emily Beaver

The department wishes its graduating seniors the best as they apply for jobs and begin the exciting transition to the next chapter of their lives! This post is the fourth and final installment in a series to spotlight these seniors, who generously shared their favorite memory of being a major in the English Department and their post-graduation plans 

Emily Beaver

I am a Creative Writing and English double major with a minor in History. 

My science fiction capstone, The Shadow Slayers, is set in a small Ohio town with a paranormal secret. 

My favorite memories from being a part of the English Department include analyzing a variety of modern and classical texts with all of my English professors, attending outings, such as plays and readings, and meeting lifelong friends.

 I plan to pursue a career in publishing, editing, or proofreading. I hope to continue strengthening and improving my writing by exploring history and traveling as much as possible.