Saturday, May 9, 2020

Senior Spotlight: Jaion Harris

The department wishes its graduating seniors the best as they apply for jobs and begin the exciting transition to the next chapter of their lives! This post is the fourth and final installment in a series to spotlight these seniors, who generously shared their favorite memory of being a major in the English Department and their post-graduation plans

Jaion Harris

I am a Creative Writing and English double major.

My favorite memories are mostly spending time with the professors and other students within the department. I really enjoyed the time spent discussing literatures and other subjects with a lot of my classmates and professors in and out of class. I was glad to bond with them through different assignments and projects throughout the four years. Also, I had a lot of good memories working at the AMuLit Center and MFA/APP Office during my time as an English major. I can honestly say that they were an important part of my time and experience as an English major. I learned a lot about myself as a writer and as an individual, and met a lot of great people during my time spent in those places.

At the current time, I plan on continuing to write and trying to find a job in a publishing company or ad agency. Eventually, I want to go back for my Master’s degree in Creative Writing.

 

Attachments area